Friday, March 2, 2007

Day 30 – To weigh or not to weigh?

Some women live and die by the scale. Not a day goes by when they're not hanging their hopes and dreams on how far up the red dial moves. While there's nothing inherently wrong with weighing your body, it does foster a dependence on a mechanical device that functions outside the body's inner wisdom. We become totally dependent on a mechnical device to tell us what's going on with our bodies when we should be hearing that for ourselves. This is why most experts recommend throwing the scale in the garbage. Let's not be so drastic today. Instead, try this simple experiment: hide the scale for a week. You'll be amazed to discover the distance the scale has put between you and your body. Step back into your body and relearn its language. Don't become so dependent that you can't hear for yourself.

I won't weigh myself today. I will take the time to try and hear what my body's been trying to tell me.

No comments: